Sunday, June 18, 2006

Blackmail Letter




Celebrate life

Have courage amidst fear
Make love, not war
Be positive
Smile a lot
Don't worry, be happy
Treat others with respect
Keep your promises
Be honest and faithful!
The wise man says to follow this advice
and you will live a happy life!



Let's welcome The Newest Guest Star of
The Weekly Spotlight of Friends
a person with a good sense of humor and
who cares a big deal about his friends:

Larry Anderson

Hello Everyone,

Thank you Spotlight Gazette Team for this honor.



I was born at 7:46am in Estherville, Iowa, to Richard and Ruby Anderson. My father was german-born but adopted into a Norwegian family, and my mother was French, Cree, and Cajun.

I am the youngest of 3 boys, and have a younger sister. My father was a farmer, and we moved a lot. My parents were loving but firm with us. Then, my parents divorced when I was 13, and for a long time I blamed my father for the divorce. Many years later, a friend asked me if I realized there were two sides to every story, and I finally was able to forgive my father.

My brothers were grown at this time, and my sister and I moved with my mother to an apartment house in Spencer, Iowa. I was popular and kind of a goof in high school, then I dropped out to join the U.S. Navy in 1962 when I was 17. I did receive my GED in 1968.

I was in boot camp when the Cuban crisis occurred, and we almost had our training cut short to go join the ships down there. Fortunately, the crisis ended before our unit was called to duty.

After finishing boot camp, I flew to the Phillipines to join my ship, the world's 3rd largest aircraft carrier, the USS Ranger. I spent the next year and 9 months aboard the Ranger, and received an honorable medical discharge in 1964.

I spent the next few years moving from job to job to job, unsure of what I wanted to do in life. I met my first wife in 1974, and it was NOT a match made in heaven. What I hoped would last forever fell apart after a few short months, and the divorce hit me very hard.

I started drinking at this time, quite heavily. One night I was so intoxicated, I wrecked my car. I wasn't hurt, but the accident sobered me up. I cleaned up my act, and shortly after I met my second wife, Linda.

When I married Linda, we moved to South Dakota. She already had 3 children when we married, and we had 2 daughters together. Later on, we also adopted our grandson.

We became good friends with our neighbors, and the husband was a truck driver. He taught me how to drive, and that is what I did until I was forced to retire.

In 1996, Linda passed away from complications of combined surgery and cancer. I was in North Carolina when she died, and the trucking company I worked for flew me back home for the funeral. I had just been home, and she seemed to be getting better. Then, just like that, she was gone.

We still had 2 minor children, so I took a local job driving a truck for a furniture company. After the kids were on their own, I moved to St. Joseph, Missouri, and went to work for WOW Trucking. I moved back to Iowa a couple of years later and went to work for Zeitner & Sons Trucking, drove for them for 5 months, then had my first heart attack in 1999. I had quadruple bypass surgery in 2000, and went back to work. Then, in 2003, I had my second heart attack. The doctors gave me a pacemaker and orders to retire. The Department of Transportation agreed, and I went on disability. I spent 3 months with my daughter, then moved to an apartment complex in Sioux City, Iowa. Last July, I moved to my current apartment in Sioux City.

I have had a computer for quite awhile. In October, 2005, I joined the Free Store Club. I liked the idea of owning my own online store, and the price was great--FREE! I joined AdlandPro at this time, to help promote my Free Store.

At this time, I have 2 forums going: Weird Facts,

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/15927/ShowForum.aspx

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/15920/ShowForum.aspx


New Website,

http://larryeanderson.fcsstore.com/

WOSAT

http://www.wingsofsuccessadvisoryteam.com

I am also a Top 25 Poster at Adland Pro. I love the community here at Adland Pro, and am a proud member of WOSAT.

Thank you,

Larry Anderson



We are so very happy to have the chance to feature you here, Larry!
Congrats from all our heart.
The Weekly Spotlight of Friends Team

1 comment:

AM said...

Hello Larry!
Congrats for your featuring in The Spotlight of Friends!

It was a great pleasure to do your Blog Post!
Please excuse me for not being able to finish it as I would have wanted. I did somewhere a mistake and I simply cannot find where that nasty tag is extra! And so I couldn't post just everything I planed. Hope you like it as it already it is. I did it with all my heart.
With lots of friendship,
Anamaria