Friday, June 09, 2006

WHY?


Why?


So many Children suffer
so many children die,
do you ever sit and wonder
sit and wonder why?

Why Our Children are the victims
of a pure and evil fate?
why the people they so care about
send them to that 'pearly gate'?

Why so many little victims
disappear without a trace?
why you never get to see
that sad and desperate face?

Why you never feel the pain
of what that child endures?
Why it 'doesnt really matter'
as long as that child's not yours?

Why you read it in the papers
and see it on the news?
Why You turn your blind eye
when only You can choose?

Why it does not register
to you inside your brain?
even though its happening
time and time again?

Do you never wonder
how it must really feel?
to know that this pain IS your life
and your life is very real?

Do you realise you could stop this
if you joined our global voice?
you would be heard and a child would smile
and UVACA would rejoice!

Created by : Juliana Bond (C)2006 http://tinyurl.com/orv8z


Your talent is God's gift to you.
What you do with it
Is your gift back to God!
- Leo Buscaglia -

Let's welcome
The STAR GUEST of the Spotlight of Friends...


I was born in a place called Wigan, in the North-West of England in 1967.

My Parents were working class and I am the middle child of five. (Aptly, I was nick-named Bah-Bah, as in Black-Sheep!)

I began writing at the age of seven. I wrote my first poem and was so in ore of the reaction from others that I soon realise I had a talent.

As a long-term carer for my disabled parents I never really took the time to take a professional look at my Writing. I suffered a terrible thirty years and experienced things that even people twice my age cannot personally relate to!

Eventually, at the age of 33 I met my husband; he ‘rescued’ me from all evil!! He is my ‘hero’! We have seven children between us!

After I met my husband I began to ‘grow’; I developed a confidence that I had never had before! I took up a Drama course: (London Academy of Drama and Performing Arts) I was also signed up to a modelling agency, (at that age!) I entered a beauty contest and even though I, of course, didn’t win, I felt on top of the world!

Unfortunately that budding career was cut short by my ever-failing health (I was born a Chronic Asthmatic), suffered. A damaging attack of pneumonia that has left me permanently breathless, and to top that I have been plagued by permanent lingering of drug resistant Tuberculosis!)

So it was then that I returned to my love of writing. I began to write all of the time. I joined the Writer’s Bureau’s Creative Writing Course, I joined the Freelance Writers Association and I began to get my work published! It is the best feeling in the world for me to see my name in print!

I then embarked on my biggest project; to write an entire script of a 6 part serial/screen-play that I had had gnorring away at my brain for some time.

8 months later I had achieved what I once thought was impossible and my script was ready! I am now pleased to be able to say that Channel 4 (British TV) have hold of. my script and it wasn’t rejected!! Hurrah!! I dream of seeing my own series on TV!

Since then I have written my Children’s Books, ‘Pixie Tales’ which are available to purchase here:

http://www.lulu.com/pixietales

And as you all already know 50% of the proceeds from the sale of these books will go to an excellent cause, to Fight Against Child Abuse. As a survivor and a parent of a survivor of Abuse I feel extremely appalled and sickened by the suffering of others and feel passionately about trying to do something that would help to make a difference.

My ultimate personal goal right now is to sell a million books for a wonderful cause and help to make that difference!

I am currently working on my third ‘Pixie Tale’, a book of Poetry, My Biography (in full about my ‘horrific thirty years’ and of course, A Novel! (Well, all writers say that, when asked what they are doing now don’t they!) Lol,

I really am working on a Novel, (Women’s Commercial Fiction)

Now poetry, poetry is my thing. The main reason that I write poetry is, because I can! In fact, I can’t stop my-self sometimes from actually thinking in rhyme! Lol

I enjoy writing poetry immensely and only hope that my readers get as much pleasure out of reading them as I do out of writing them!

One of the best things that has happened to me in recent times is Adlandpro! I have made such wonderful friends and met such wonderful people that I would like to take this opportunity to say a BIG THANK YOU to YOU ALL for allowing me to stand up here in the ‘spotlight’ and be the subject! You have made my day!


Juliana Bond


UVACA SITE:
http://UVACA.net
SIGN OUR PETITION:
http://uvaca.julianab52.com
HELP UVACA TO RAISE FUNDS:
http://www.lulu.com/pixietales


Somebody cares if you're happy today,
If your heart is cheerful and light.

Somebody cares if you're feeling good
And everything's going just right.

And somebody hopes that this
message will show,
In a warm little heart-to-heart way..

You're thought of, remembered,

and happily wished
An especially wonderful day!

And That Person Is Me!

Author Unknown

2 comments:

AM said...

Congratulation, Juliana for the courage you found to fight for the children!
We are wishing you the best with your effort, and in whatever you do!
"The Weekly Spotlight of Friends" Team!

Učit se a vydělávat said...

Congratulation my friend Juliana.
Is Great!
Success !
Sarka

En101.