Tuesday, May 30, 2006

When Someone Cares ...

When Someone Cares . . .


When someone cares

it is easier to speak,

it is easier to listen,

it is easier to play,

and it is easier to work.


When someone cares

it is easier to laugh.

Thanks for caring about me.

I want you to know

that I care about you!

I love you and I will always

be here for you!


Love never hurries, it is always kind.

It is not jealous, and never boasts of its greatness.

Love is not rude or selfish.

It is always ready to forgive and forget mistakes we make.

Love is no friend of wickedness, but delights in honesty and truth.

Love is strong and never gives up.

It never loses its trust in God or its hope for the future.

Love will survive all things because it is everlasting.

1 Cor 13:4-8


***************

Let's welcome our guest of honour of this week!
From Downey, California

Carol Salisbury

What are some of our friends saying about Carol:

***************

Carol, you are so helpful to people and seem to just love life. I am honored to be your friend. And Taffy's, lol--I love Taffy's emails!

Sincerely,
Shannon Bolin

***************

I can really tell you are a sincere and friendly person, and I am looking forward to getting to know you better in Adlandpro.
....

Wishing you much success,
Jill


***************

You are a kind lady and you stay active here in our community.

Thanks for being my friend.

Best Wishes,
Beth

***************

My name is Carol Salisbury and that is my little dog Taffy with me in the picture! Currently we live in Southern California in the good old USA. She is one of the joys that the Lord has blessed me with in my life. She's a little camera shy which is why I'm holding her head to face the camera. I'm not really trying to strangle her ...

I found her in my local shelter after searching for my perfect match for over a year. It certainly was well worth the wait because she is perfect! Well, almost... but that's a different story! Be sure and check out "Taffy's Corner" & "Taffy's Friends" at our website http://youpayitforward.com/ for the rest of our story! If you have "fur babies" that you'd like me to add to "Taffy's Friends" page with a link to your website, just follow the directions there and I'll be happy to do it for you! "Taffy's Friends" page is such a "fun" page to look at (even if you don't have fur baby pics to add to it) that I just love to update it with new pics and links!

Well, back to my story... I was born December 26 in Lynwood, California in %^&*.... hmmmm, what's wrong with my keyboard??? I guess it won't allow birthdates to be inserted in here.... hehehehe! Yes, I am part of that rare species... a true Californian! Yes, it was terrible having my birthday on the day after Christmas. My mother gave me the opportunity to change the day to celebrate my birthday on to any other day of the year so I chose Easter. My child's mind told me if I was going to move it away from Christ's birthday then it should be near his resurrection day! My mom decided we'd just leave the celebration day where it was...

I was the 4th and last child to be born and grew up in a little town called Hollydale which eventually became part of South Gate and is in Los Angeles County in Southern California. I looked like Shirley Temple with all my ringlets (yes, those are really mine!) and I wanted to learn to tap dance just like she did... so I was enrolled in the local park tap class.

I never got to finish that class because the doctor thought I had Scarlet Fever and I was put on bed rest! Turned out I just had knocked knees and ankles that rolled out... so I wore high top orthopedic shoes and special orthotics, you know the kind of shoes they used with those steel leg braces? The doctor said I was lucky that I didn't have to wear the braces. I had to wear that type of shoe until Junior High when I got to wear black & white oxfords... of course they weren't in style any more... and then in High School I got to wear white buck oxfords. They weren't in style either... wonder where my mom found those things anyway???

When I turned 18 I got to wear regular people's shoes! Yahoo! Got a summer job before I started college... liked it so much that I never went to college (except for a few night classes) and continued to work and bought a car. Soon thereafter I met the man I married. He was 13 years older than me and when he asked me out I said I would have to think about it. I told my mom about it and she said go ahead and go out with him just for the fun of it. Well, I ended up falling in love with him and a year later I married him.... and I never let my mom forget it was all her idea!

I divorced him after 20 years of marriage... it seems he just couldn't be a one-woman man. I couldn't handle that since I was a one-man woman. I tried to stick it out since I had been raised that you marry once in your lifetime but I also lived by the "3 strikes and you're out" rule! Actually he is the person that introduced me to network marketing. He went to a business meeting and came back signed up with a nutrition company... I don't even remember what the name of that company was. The next company he got us involved in was NSA water filters for $10,000! Hey, anyone need a water filter? I think I've still got 1 or 2 left in my garage...

Next came Tupperware (my choice, not his!) and I was very successful. But after 8 years of parties, deliveries, packing orders and prospecting for new party chains, I got burned out.... turned in my company car and resigned. I have been involved in many companies since then... mostly to be able to purchase products at wholesale and a few of them to create a residual income. More on that later...

I also owned a Dance Studio for 20 years with my business partner, Barbara Vera, where I taught 6 days a week... choreographed, directed, and produced huge dance concerts and musicals each year. I love teaching and working with students to help them be the best they can be, but owning your own small business is NOT a joy... it is a MILLSTONE around your neck. We lost our lease in 2001 so we no longer have that business, but I still teach 1-2 days a week for another studio where I can just enjoy the perks and not have to deal with all of the headaches of "owning your own business". I have students that perform on Broadway, choreograph for music videos, got a dance degree through a University and are currently teaching dance, others that have received a degree to teach Pilates and Dance Conditioning, and several that are in community and professional dance companies.

One of my students recently auditioned for the world-renowned Alvin Ailey Dance Company and was chosen to join them. She'll be moving to New York this June on full scholarship to begin studying with them and learn their repertoire! She was my student since she was 5 years old and she's now 22! I have another student that has just made the commitment to audition for the Miami City Ballet Company in February 2007 so I have made a commitment to her to work with her every week until then to help her realize her dream. She started dancing with me when she was 12 and is now 26. She has belonged to several different community dance companies already but this will be her first attempt to join a large professional ballet company.

I now do network marketing full time working from home which gives me the time to be more active in my church & local community. It also gives me the time to help take care of my best friend of 29 years who is now in a long term care nursing home after having suffered a very severe stroke following a major surgery in March. I go to see her 3-4 times a week... I would ask for your prayers for her continued recovery in Jesus' name... her name is Barbara Vera. At one point she had been placed in a Hospice Center as the medical community said there was no hope and nothing more they could do but to let nature take it's course. However, God has plans for her and didn't let her die. She is paralyzed on her right side and is unable to speak but her mind and personality are there, and she is getting more alert everyday! Thank you for praying for a continued miracle working in Barbara....

I'm so glad that the company I work with has many different ways of earning money ... two of which are totally passive wherein the company builds your residual income for you. Fortunately for Barbara, she had joined this company as well and is currently earning a residual income that continues to grow each month even though she cannot walk or talk at this time. Currently it is paying her health insurance premiums and is a great help in her life.

So, there you have my story. I am now full-time Internet Marketer and love the freedom and lifestyle of working with my dog at my feet (or lying on my bed). Welcome to my world of "Paying It Forward"! If you aren't sure what that means, I highly encourage you to rent the movie "Pay It Forward"... you'll be glad you did! It could change your perspective on life! Just put on your best smile, start thinking of others and what you can do for them and you can change the world... one person at a time!

To meet us and learn more about Taffy and I, please visit our web site at http://youpayitforward.com/. Be sure to visit Taffy's Corner while you're there for a good chuckle! When you visit Taffy's Friends page (the link is at the end of Taffy's story), be sure to watch "The Dog Video" to laugh your socks off!

Blessings to you all!
Carol & Taffy

3 comments:

AM said...

Hello Carol!
It was such a gret pleasure for me to do this blog for such a caring and nice person as you are.
Congrats for being in the Spotlight!
Wish you and your Taffy all the best possible!
With friendship,
Anamaria

Houseofmax said...

Hey Carol,

That was a wonderful story.

You have had a full life of achievements and merits to your name.

Thanks for the opportunity to get to know you better.

Your fellow Californian,

maxinvegas

CarlaJCarey said...

HI Carol,
Glad to see you in the Blog, don't know if you will look at it again but you and Taffy make a great team!
Congratulations!
Carla