Friday, July 28, 2006

Those who succeeded...


Those who succeeded always took path
that looked very difficult to travel.

Take any great success and after
reading their story, you may wonder,
how they came out alive from the ordeal!

They not only came out alive but also got
great success. Have faith, total
unflinching faith, and walk on.

You will surely rich the destination
one day!


Let's welcome our Spotlighted Friend of this week

our Gospel Singer
Debbie Davis

and ... her wonderful Family!






I was born in 1966 and raised in St. Joseph, MO. I was born into a wonderful Christian family, the 2nd child out of 5. I often thank God and my parents for my wonderful heritage.
Some of my favorite childhood memories are the days that I would spend hours in front of the old record player listening to my moms Southern Gospel albums. I started singing in church at a young age and I came from a long line of singers and preachers (my dad is one of those preachers).
Music has always been a part of my life and I started picking up piano at age 7. My mom had an old upright piano (that was WAY out of tune) and one day I went from just plunking on it to picking out melodies of songs (You know... Mary Had a Little Lamb and such). I eventually began adding chords and then using both hands. I still enjoy playing piano by ear to this day and I'm the keyboard player for my Southern Gospel Trio. Hmmm, Southern Gospel music is still in me too!
God has been a part of my life from day one and continues to be... not just a part, but the center of my life!

My Family


I met Larry when I was a senior in high school. He was a junior at a different high school and we both worked at McDonalds after school. We dated for a year and half and then 2 months after he graduated from high school (I had been out a year) we got married. We just celebrated 21 years of marriage on July 26!! Whoo hoo.... and we're still in love!
Larry was ordained as minister of the Gospel in 2001 and is an integral part of our music ministry as we travel. We love being together!

We have 3 children.

Debbie & Girls
Tifanee is 20 years old and is also a singer. She's getting married August 5. Tifanee and her groom will be moving to Tulsa to attend Bible College. She went on her first mission trip in June. I don't think I'm ready to admit that I have an adult child! After all, I'm still a kid myself.
Then there's Jessica, age 18. Jess is our missionary. She went on her 3rd mission trip this past June and will start college in a few weeks. She's very independent and already has an apartment near the college. She also leads the worship team for her youth group at church and plays guitar, drums, bass and keyboard.

Matthew is our baby. He's 16 years old and just got his driver's license. He has played football in high school in the past, but his passion is baseball. He's been pitching since 4th grade and he loves it! He's also an avid outdoorsman and hunter.
You can view some of my family photos at http://DDavis483.photosite.com

Full Life Trio
My love for music continued on into my adult years and in 1994 I started my own Southern Gospel Trio. You can learn more about the trio at www.Full-LifeTrio.com

My Businesses
I began working online about 3 years ago when my father-in-law introduced me to eBay. I've been selling on eBay part time ever since. I may or may not have auctions up and running when this posts, but you can check out my eBay page if you'd like. As of this typing I have 592 positive feedback (not too shabby).
About a year ago, a good friend of mine introduced me to Send Out Cards. I loved the idea of the automated greeting card sender and contact manager, but loved it even more when I found out that I could make money with it. I've always loved sending letters, postcards and greeting cards in the mail, so of course when I came across Send Out Cards, I became addicted! It's a good addiction :)
You can find out more information about becoming a greeting card distributor at www.GreetingCardsWork.com. If you don't want to start a new business but you DO want to start using the greeting cards for your own business or personal use, try it out for free: www.FunSendingcards.com and I'll get you set up with 2 free greeting cards! Many business men and women use the cards to keep in touch with clients, customers, business associates, referrals and prospects. The sky's the limit!
I have a couple of blogs if you want to check them out:
My Send Out Cards Blog - http://funsendingcards.blogspot.com/
Finding Free Advertising Blog - http://lyndeb.wordpress.com/
And I also have a monthly birthday contest:

AdlandPro
I was introduced to AdlandPro by the same friend who got me involved with Send Out Cards. This a wonderful community and I've made some awesome friends. My advice to the newbies at AdlandPro would be to make as many friends as possible! You'll get lots of advice, some training, great opportunities to network and so much more. I have!
Well, this got too long, but in BIG nutshell, this is my life. Of course there's so much more that I didn't even get to cover, but I don't want to get boring (maybe I already have :)

Thanks again and God bless,
Debbie Davis


Congrats Debbie for joining The Spotlight!
Enjoy your party!
The Spotlight Gazette Team.


No comments: