Thursday, September 21, 2006

Just like a rose...

Just like a rose,
so precious and rare,
is the forever friendship
the two of us share.

Planted with kindness,
it's warmed by the sun
of caring and sharing,
laughter and fun.

It's grounded in trust
and nurtured by love,
with a sprinkling of grace
from God up above.

Tears of sadness and joy,
like dew, renew this friendship
I share with you.

And in the heart's garden,
we find the room to be ourselves,
to grow and bloom.

A blessing of beauty unsurpassed,
our friendship's a flower
that will always last.

What is Kitty?

A three-year-old boy went with his dad to see a new litter of kittens.

On returning home, he breathlessly informed his mother, "There were two boy kittens and two girl kittens."


"How did you know that?" his mother asked.

"Daddy picked them up and looked underneath," he replied. "I think it's printed on the bottom."

It's time to




Patricia B
Into our Weekly Spotlight of Friends


I was born in the 50's in Oregon and that's where I still live. I'm the eldest daughter and have one sister 4 years younger than myself. I attended Milwaukie High School, Clackamas Community College and PSU.

In 1987 a friend set me up on a blind date with "Steve". He and I met under the "umbrella man" and went to MUSIC By MOONLIGHT concert. After that date, we kept on dating and were married a year later. We have lived on a "floating home" on the Columbia River in Oregon for 20 years. We don't have children, so our cats are our 2 kids.

Hubby is in Recycling & construction and am his office manager. Some of the time we've been married, I've been his construction "grunt" -- helping him in demolition, recycling etc. It is a challenge! I was a tomboy pretty much as a girl and never feel like I'm too prissy to pick up a hammer and slam it into an old building. Exercise is what keeps us young and vital!! Luckily Steve doesn't think that a woman can't "do a man's job!"

For fun we go to festivals like farmers markets and little town craft and collectibles sales. We go to Estate, antique sales and flea markets a few times a month. We have collected so much stuff that it overflows our house. I have Disney "PLUTO" collectibles, old buttons, demitasse tea cups, vintage "salts", shot glasses, vintage hankies, doilies and vintage Christmas glass ornaments. I love "ALL THINGS CHRISTMAS" and when I find Angels, Jesus, Mary and Joseph, Snowmen and Santa items -- I add them to my collection. It seems like our little house is wall to wall Christmas during the holiday season.
My favorite hobbies throughout the years has been arts and crafts. I sew, make wreaths, scrapbook and my favorite activity is making cloth dolls. I've used recycled vintage items: old fabrics, buttons, etc. that I found in my dolls. I made cloth dolls until 2001 when I hurt my right hand. I fell on concrete stairs and landed on my right hand. I've got pretty severe nerve damage and it's lasted for years. Because of hand pain, I had to cut down on my doll making and crafting.
I like to garden and have pots and pots and pots and pots of Flowers and a few veggies. This year we grew the tiny sweet cherry tomatoes. I have 4 tomato plants in BIG pots. We have tomatoes nearly every day!! I also grow lettuce and lots of herbs. The basil has taken over and I'm lucky we like PESTO!!
The cats and I watch my husband fish. He just loves to "throw a worm in the river". It's very relaxing after a day beating the keyboard to take a good book out on the deck with Sophie and Snickers and watch the ducks! I have never seen a cat who loves to fish like Snickers does!! When hubby catches the squaw fish, Snickers is nearby. She picks the small ones in her mouth and proudly carries them into the house. We pick them up and throw them back in the river.
After I got hurt, I learned about computers and was introduced to networking a few years ago. I want to learn how to put some of my pictures that I have taken with the digital camera in some of my forums! I also am going to get back to selling on ebay. I was a very successful ebay seller!! Hubby and I have TONS of of "treasures" in our sales. Also my husband inherited a stamp and postcard collection that I will be putting on ebay this year.

I'm hoping my networking and some programs I'm involved in pay off soon. I want to earn enough money to donate money to the schools. Children need a good education. I'd also like to get involved in something like a "Big Sister" program because you stay young......being around the young.
My favorite networking businesses are Tri-Unity, Club Galleria, Eco Energy and Adland's new venture $7 Miracle Matrix and Bring Your Buddy. You can see my forums that discuss my businesses here: http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/13043/ShowForum.aspx
One of my favorite forums is my "fun" one: Humor, Friendship, Romance and Inspiration - Please post all your favorite LOVE poems, Inspirational stories, Jokes, Humor here and even Recipes! Love is the most powerful emotion! Cry LESS, Laugh MORE, Smile OFTEN! My forum is here: http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/13228/ShowForum.aspx
I would love for folks to read and post - there is something for everyone (the only thing I ask...is "keep it clean"! God is looking over my forums!


Congrats Patricia for your Spotlighting and

for letting us know you better!

The Spotlight Gazette Team


1 comment:

AM said...

Thank you Patricia for letting us know a bit more about you.
Welcome to The Spotlight!
With friendship,
Anamaria