Friday, September 15, 2006

Parents and Children

God the Parent


Hosted by SparkleTags.com


Whenever your kids are out of control, you can take comfort from the thought that even God's omnipotence did not extend to God's kids.

After creating heaven and earth, God created Adam and Eve. And the first thing He said to them was: "Don't."

"Don't what?" Adam asked.

"Don't eat the Forbidden Fruit." God replied.

"Forbidden fruit? We got Forbidden Fruit? Hey, Eve..we got Forbidden Fruit!"

"No way!"

"Where?"

"Don't eat that fruit!" said God.

"Why?"

"Because I am your Creator and I said so!" said God, wondering why he hadn't stopped after making the elephants.

A few minutes later God saw the kids having an apple break and was angry.

"Didn't I tell you not to eat that fruit?" the 'First Parent' asked.

"Uh huh," Adam replied.

"Then why did you?"

"I dunno," Eve answered.

"She started it!" Adam said.

"Did not!"

"DID so!"

"DID NOT!"

Having had it with the two of them, God's punishment was that Adam and Eve should have children of their own...thus the pattern was set, and it has never changed.

Hosted by SparkleTags.com




This week we invite into the
Spotlight of Friends

Jo Matthias!


What a great honor it is to be selected for the Weekly Spotlight. I don't have a great story to tell, but here goes....

I was born in Daviess County Hospital in Washington, Indiana, Sept 8th, 1954. My mother was Bette Sterling, she was the oldest of 9 children, I was her oldest of three girls. I have had no contact with my sisters or others in my family since 1988. Long story, and no comment. I am officially '52'.

I was raised on a farm in Odon, Indiana. It was a great learning experience. We had everything, Cows, Pigs, Chickens, Horses, Ducks, Goats, Cats, Dogs, you name, we had it. And if we had it, we ate it!(we didn't eat the cats and dogs of course!!!) My grandfather also hunted and trapped and fished, we ate that too!!! We had gardens that would be envied today, we canned all kinds of vegetables, meats and fruits. We froze things too when we were able to afford freezers. I also remember burying apples in boxes covered with hay to use in the wintertime.

I was always called 'a little Democrat' by my greatgrandfather, so as I grew up I associated myself with the Democratic Party, only to learn at the ripe old age of 24, that my greatgrandfather was a Republican! Can you imagine the blow that was???? However, I still associate myself with the Democratic party today. I am very Liberal though!

At age 10 we moved to Bloomington, Indiana and I attended school there at Central High and Bloomington South. We moved to Florida when I was in the 9th grade and we were on "vacation" from Christmas through June. I once had a teacher ask what my parents did for a living.... I said "Nothing" He asked me where they got their money, I said "from the bank", Needless to say he was flabbergasted.. My parents didn't work when we lived in Florida. I told him that when they needed money they just went to the bank and got it. Which was true, because my parents owned their own business in Indiana. I attended school at Immokalee High School in Immokalee, Florida for 4 years off and on, where I subsequently graduated.

I have two children, my son Jerrett, age 30 and my daughter, Jo Rae, age 26. I have 5 grandsons, 2 granddaughters and a granddaughter on the way, due any day. My children and my grandchildren have been my life and my inspiration. I have no desire to relive my marriage.

Jerrett is a member of the Texas National Guard, and has been a member of the National Guard since 2004. My daughter has been a CNA since she was 16. Both are high school graduates.

I am a U.S. Army veteran, I was active duty with the Army during the Vietnam Era Conflict, and was a member of the Indiana National Guard after that.

I have been an avid reader and book collector all my life. I have a personal library of over 2000 hardback novels, not to mention the reference books that I have accumulated. I am moving again in the next month or so, and my daughter would love to burn all my books!!!
She hates my library....She likes to read, but can you imagine all the boxes of books that we have to move!!!

I love springtime here in Indiana, because I get to walk in the woods and hunt mushrooms. I love to find them and I love to eat them. Mushrooms are so wonderfully delicious!!! I have a "mushroom stick" that I have had for at least 10 years. I consider it my 'lucky stick', a person has to have a "stick"!!! Cannot hunt mushrooms without a stick!!! I also love to be outside and in the woods alone. This is my favorite time of the year!

I have been a member of the AdlandPro Community since October of 2004. This community has been great to me and for me. I have met so many wonderful people from all over the world. AdlandPro has been a haven of friends for me ever since. I am homebound and rarely talk to anyone outside my immediate family and HERE, you, AdlandPro friends have really been a blessing in disguise.

I am in the $7 Miracle Matrix... http://www3.telus.net/rmc/opfm.htm The $7 Miracle Matrix, an Adland success story, was started by Adlanders to help each other create a long term residual income by working together. We have 100% participation by all members with a daily support forum here at Adland. To get more information on this Adland success story, go to: http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=15055 If you would like to come on board with us, please go to: http://www3.telus.net/rmc/opfm.htm and request a link.

And Bring Your Buddy...Another Team here at Adland
http://bringyourbuddy.net/ro.php?id=584

I am not a fan of using personal messages here at AdlandPro for advertising. I am however ready and willing to read most all forums. At times, I am very surprised at the variety of subjects in the forums. We truly have a great group of people here. I can make posts that are controversial to say the least. I am not a person that wants to be in the spotlight and I have no idea how I came to be here.

It would be nice if everyone would participate in all the wonderful forums provided here at AdlandPro, like this one and the POTW(GO VOTE!!!!)among others. There are so many activities for everyone to enjoy and for everyone to participate in. Everyone benefits from participating in activities here at AdlandPro, we gain friends and prospects....I'm always surprised that more of us are not involved in the community of AdlandPro.

Thank you all,
Take care,
Jo

Jerretts first daughter, Aaliyah Celene, was born on September 11th.





Congratulation and thank you Jo for joinig our
gallery of friends here in our Spotlight!
The Spotlight Gazette Team.


1 comment:

AM said...

Hi Jo,

It was so great to find out more about you.
Welcome to The Spotlight!
With friendship,
Anamaria