Saturday, August 12, 2006

Web Addiction!


Now you know what to do

with your out-dated computers!

12 Step Recovery Program


For Web Addicts




  1. I will have a cup of coffee in the morning and read my PAPER newspaper like I used to, before the Web.

  2. I will eat breakfast with a knife and fork and not with one hand typing.

  3. I will get dressed before noon.

  4. I will make an attempt to clean the house, wash clothes, and plan dinner before even thinking of the Web.

  5. I will sit down and write a letter to those unfortunate few friends and family that are Web-deprived.

  6. I will call someone on the phone who I cannot contact via the Web.

  7. I will read a book... if I still remember how.

  8. I will listen to those around me about their needs and stop telling them to turn the TV down so I can hear the music on the Web.

  9. I will not be tempted during TV commercials to check for email.

  10. 1I will try and get out of the house at least once a week, if it is necessary or not.

  11. I will remember that my bank is not forgiving if I forget to balance my checkbook because I was too busy on the Web.

  12. Last, but not least, I will remember that I must go to bed sometime... and the Web will always be there tomorrow!

Let's welcome our special guest of this week, passionate writer and publisher of

"The Left Handed Times" ezine

and great nerworker:

Lisa Reddell!


Here is Lisa's

Bio

Hello Lee and the Spotlight Team!

Wow! I am so humbled by being chosen for the spotlight!

Sit back, grab your fav beverage and get comfySmiley

My favorite claim to my birth, is I was my mother's 32nd birthday
present. I was born on June 13th, 1963 - Three days before mom's
32nd. We celebrate our birthdays together every year. It's
always a great time for all of us to get together. My birth place
was Tulsa, Oklahoma.

LOL - after reading the last line above, I have to laugh. I made
it sound like I come from a huge family. Not true. There are my
parents, that's sorta obvious, huh. But the sibling count in my
family total up to one sister and no brothers. My sister and I
are best friends and I treasure the time we get to spend together.
I always yearned for a brother and bugged my parents about it,
but it never came to pass. (smile)

I graduated from High School, 25 years ago. EEK! I find it
difficult to believe it has been that long. When I was in HS,
computers were not offered to the students. Oh, but the year
after I graduated, computers were installed in every department
of the school... go figure:) After graduating, I accepted a
position with a company, and learned how program tele-marketing
computers. Yep, the ones with the automated voice, that
interrupt your suppertime activities.

I actually purchased my first computer about 15 years ago, and
loved it. I have a creative streak in my personality, and a
deep, passion driven desire to learn, as well as teach. So, I
taught myself how to use the computer. I've also taught myself
HTML, and although I've got a lot more to learn, I do okay.

I drive my husband (Jerry) of 17 years (in October), crazy
because I am so "into" computers. I am the designated
"computer geek" of the family. I have passed on my love
of computers to all three of my sons (LJ - 25 on Sunday 8/13;
Elliott - 16, and Austin - 12).

I have published my own ezine in the past, but experienced
a number of personal setbacks, and am currently not
publishing. I hope to do so again. I really miss it.

I found AdlandPro in 2001, and started utilizing the
classified ads for promotion. Then in 2004, I joined the
wonderful Adland community. Gosh, I love this community.
I have met so many outstanding people here.

Anyone who knows me can tell you that I love to help people.
I suppose my favorite way of helping is to educate folks
about the thousands of Scams that have invaded our lives.
I even offer a Scam Alert forum that reports email scams
I receive. I'd like to personally invite you to peruse
the forum, and you can do that at:

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/3259/ShowForum.aspx

In addition to the Scam forum, I also have two other
forums I'd like to share. The first one is
http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/5909/ShowForum.aspx

And the second:
http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/17140/ShowForum.aspx


Okay, I'll stop typing now. Thank you for reading, and
thank you Lee for allowing me this awesome honor.


Toodles,

Lisa Reddell :`)
1090 Members/7709 Pre-Enrollees in 24 hours - Holy Cow!


Thank you Lisa for sharing some more about your life and

CONGRATS

for joining our Spotlight of Friends!

The Spotlight Gazette Team!

No comments: