Thursday, March 02, 2006

Angels...


Friends Are Quiet Angels

Friends are quiet Angels who lift us to our feet,
when
our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.


I'll Pray for You

One part of life is joy,
another part is grief,
And when I see you hurting,
I long to bring relief.
But while there is so little I feel that I can do,
God is ever loving and is there to help you through.
So to the One who knows your pain,
the Source of peace and care,
I pledge to kneel beside you,
before the Lord in prayer.



And now Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce you our winner of this week....



William Vanderbilt !!!

Hello Friends.

First, I would like to thank you all for this wonderful surprise of being selected for this weeks spotlight. I am truly grateful for your vote of confidence and I will do my best to live up to your expectations.

So, a little about me and the crazy life I have lived. I was born in Youngstown Ohio on April 1st, 1953. Yes, April fools day. I was 45 years old when I finally stopped being afraid to have birthday parties. LOL. Anyhow, I was the first born of five children, all of whom were born quite young. Three boys and two girls. My parents were divorced when I was about 11 so I quickly became the man of the house. Well, so much for being the man of the house. Mom sent me to live with Dad by the time I was 12 and by my own stubborn choice, I did not see my mother and brothers and sisters again untill I was 18. Actually, I kind of found them by chance. I had been living with a friends family in Pa since I didn't really get along that great with my step mother. Half way through my senior year, I decided to quit school and move to California. Another friend of mine decided to quit college and go with me. Well, as we were traveling through Kansas on Int. 70 I saw a road sign that said " Junction City 2 Miles ". Well, the last I had heard, my family lived in Junction City so I decided to stop in for a visit. I had a hard time finding them since their phone was unlisted and I didn't really know for sure if they actually lived there. I went to a post office and told my story to the Postmaster and asked him if he could possibly help me find my family. He said that it was certainly against the rules but under the circumstances, he told me how to get to Mom's place. Wow, what a reunion. That is another whole story. Anyhow, I stayed with my family untill I graduated and then returned to Ohio to get engaged to my high school sweetheart.
We were married the following year. That was 1972. June 17 as I recall. Shortly after getting married I enlisted in the Air Force. Then on May 18, 1978 were blessed with the most beautiful baby girl that you could ever imagine. It worked out so well the first time we decided to go for two. Then on May 15, 1979, we were again blessed with our 2nd baby girl and she too was the most beautiful baby girl you could ever imagine. Their names are Heather DiAnn and Christina Marie respectively. Unfortunately though, there was trouble on the horizon. At nearly 17 years into the marriage, my wife and I were divorced. That is about as far as I want to go with this part of my life other than to say that my daughters and I have always remained very close. Later on, in 1990, I met the next true love of my life and on Jan 20, 1996 we were blessed with the most beautiful little baby boy that you could ever imagine. His name is William John, named after my father and his other grandfather. His mother and I are still very close friends but we have been separated for nearly 5 years now. No need to get divorced. We never got married. Tsk Tsk. I saw this one comming way ahead of time so we saved the expense and just co-habited. I still care very deeply about my past loves but basically, what I have to say to them is " Thanks For The Beautiful Children and, ahh, well, thanks for the beautiful children". This is getting to be a bit long so in summing it all up here I will only say this. I now have another wonderful lady in my life and we are very much in love. She brought along with her into this relationship, yep, you guessed it. The most beautiful little baby girl that you could ever imagine. Their names are Ally and Summer, respectively.

There is a bit of an age difference here, between Ally and I but we have really enjoyed this part of our relationship. I am always letting her know how it was and she is always letting me know how it is. LMAO and so is she.

The other main interests in my life are poetry , song writting, playing guitar, playing pool and most importantly, spending as much time as I can with my children and my new family. The one other thing that is very important to me is my mental health advocacy work.You see, I have suffered most of my life with recurring, severe depression so I know what it is like to have a mental illness.

Once again though, I have been blessed. After 25 years of going in and out of treatment, I have now finally found the right combination of therapy, medicationand life style changes that have allowed me to experience the real joy of living.

There have been many wonderful people involved in my recovery and I am grateful to every one of them. They instilled in me a sense of hope and without this hope, I honestly don't know if I would be here today telling you all about my life. So, because of the way that my life has been
touched in so many wonderful ways, I have set out on a mission of my own now. That mission is to spread the message of hope to those who still suffer with mental illness. I do this by learning all that I can about it and sharring that information with everyone that I can share it with and here I must say this. Thank You, to all of my friends here at AdlandPro that have helped me spread this message of hope. You have come to my forums and offered your support and your friendship and you will never really know just how many lives you have touched in a positive way by doing this. This is a wonderful community of friendships and I am very proud and happy to be a member of this organization.

Here are the links to my mental health forums. I would love to have you all join me in spreading the message of hope to those who suffer with mental illness.

http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=8212

http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=8259

http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=11791

This is my best business opportunity. It was highly recommended to me by several good friends and in my personal opinion, this is the best people helping people program that I have ever seen. I am on the verge of having my first payday in this program and it looks very nice. If you would like me to keep you informed about how things are going at OPFM.


Please feel free to contact me at billdaddy@verizon.net

http://www.ourpowerforcedmatrix.com/team.php?UID=10561


I wish you all the very best of everything that life has to offer.
Thank You All.

May a smile follow you to sleep each night

And be there waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,when you awaken.

Sincerely,
Bill Vanderbilt

*************************************************

Please click HERE,
and read what Bill
brought to our attention!



**************************************************









Let's give Bill a big aplause, and let him know why is he in the Spotlight!



2 comments:

AM said...

Hello Bill,
Congrats for you being Spotlighted this week. With this ocasion I just realised that you're not yet my friend. What a big mistake! I'll go and fix this at this right moment.

And here is one more thing for you, specialy:

http://www.senditout3.com/g/getwell_back_to_normal.shtml

Get well soon my friend!!!

Hear from you only the best.
With friendship,
Anamaria

wilhelm said...

Greetings Friends
Ana Maria, LaNell, Marion and Lisa. I am running out of ways to say Thank You.
It seems like every corner I turn, there you are. LOL. That's OK though. If I have to run into someone around every turn, who better to run in to than the four of you. Thank you all so much for this special week in my life.
I really do appreciate your friendship and I look forward to being friends with you all for a long, long time.

May a smile follow you to sleep each night,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
and be there waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
when you awaken.
Sincerly, Bill Vanderbilt

Mental Health And Political Forums

http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=8212

http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=9637

http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=8259

http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=13254

http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=11791

Business Forums

http://wv0079721.betteruniverse.com

http://www.ourpowerforcedmatrix.com/team.php?UID=10561