Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Just get 2!


My Cup Has Overflowed

I've never made a fortune, and it's probably too late now.
But I don't worry about that much, I'm happy anyhow.

And as I go along life's way,
I'm reaping better than I sowed.
I'm drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed.

Haven't got a lot of riches,
and sometimes the going's tough.
But I've got loving ones all around me,
and that makes me rich enough.

I thank God for his blessings,
and the mercies He's bestowed.
I'm drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed.


I remember times when things went wrong,
My faith wore somewhat thin.
But all at once the dark clouds broke,
and the sun peeped through again..

So Lord, help me not to gripe,
about the tough rows I have hoed.
I'm drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed.


If God gives me strength and courage,
When the way grows steep and rough.
I'll not ask for other blessings,
I'm already blessed enough.

And may I never be too busy,
to help others bear their loads.
Then I'll keep drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed.


When I think of how many people
in this world have it worse than I do.
I realize just how blessed most of us really are.

******************************
Hi Leon
... You are a very well respected and loved member of this community
Over the months that I have known you I have found you to be a very humble, carring kind of guy and your posts have always been interesting and at times quite humorous. I value your friendship and would not like to see you quit posting on these forums. Leon, you are a good person. Post away my my friend. Post away.

Sincerly, Bill Vanderbilt


******************************

Yes, this week's Spotlight is for:

LEON HORTON !!!

******************************



Hello, Once upon a time in a land far, far away... Oh, that is the start to a fairy tale, but you wanted a biography... hmmmm.

A biography won't be as creative as a fairy tale, nevertheless, here's a little bit about me as I have grown to know... ;-)

First, thank you for selecting me as the person this week to spotlight. It is amazing to me that I would be selected for any kind of recognition and I truly appreciate all of your consideration. I am humbled, to say the least!

Born November 22, 1950 in Hominy, Oklahoma, Chester Leon Horton is the son of a father who was crippled by an injury in World War II, an electronics instructor at Oklahoma State Technical School, and a mother who was a graduate of the 8th grade who was a factory worker at Corning Glass Works in Muskogee, Oklahoma. The youngest of 4 known siblings who later at age 44, found out about the last one, a total of six. Nevertheless, a family of modest means, and at times had to scrimp by as many did during those years ( and even many still do today). Mother still calls me the "baby" even after 55 years. I grew up in Muskogee, Oklahoma and hated Merle Haggard after he sang that song! You know... the one about being an Okie from Muskogee. I now am a country music fan and don't care much about any other kind of music today.

Dad died when I was sixteen years of age and I became angry because he left me right at the time I needed his guidance the most. Yet, I learned the hard way how to deal with people and particularly the opposite sex. (I am still struggling with dealing with people, but I learn every day.) Mother tried her best, but I think I violated the "failure-to-do-right rule" quite a lot on my own. I did fairly well in school, but I didn't use what I learned, thus was forced to join the Army and serve in Viet Nam for a while. Upon returning, I felt a strong need to marry the young lady I met while in training in Georgia before going to Southeast Asia. We stayed married and raised three children and then I had all I could stand after finally putting her through two Master Degree programs with staying in debt and behind at the bank every payday. I finally just had to pull up my dress and scream!!

Then, late in 2002, I met my current wife and am probably happier than I have been since 1972. We met and were married within 8 months. I found my soul mate! Phyllis is the most wonderful person in my life. Then came my friends at AdlandPro a couple of years later. What a whirlwind!

I have worked in the railroad industry all of my employeed life. Twenty-two years was with the Norfolk Southern Railroad and the last nine years have been with the Federal Railroad Administration. I now enforce railroad safety laws as they pertain to railroad signaling. I make sure the railroads in my territory (Tennessee and western Kentucky) maintain their highway-rail crossing signals and train control signals in accordance with the federal guidelines.

I believe I am a good hearted person and willing to help in any way I can. I try to be friendly and inspite of my ugly external appearance, I am a good person notwithstanding. At least that is what Phyllis says. I am just a good ole country boy I guess.

Now living in Tennessee, I try to visit my mother in Tulsa, Oklahoma periodically and likewise, visit Phyllis' family in Clayton, North Carolina. We swap holidays each year... Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I have been doing as much as I can here at AdlandPro to make my time worthwhile and to get to know as many people as possible. I spend way too much time reading the forums. I should be out advertising my programs and doing all I can to get them going, but I feel compelled to answer the emails I receive from AdlandPro. I get somewhere in the neighborhood of thirty email notifications each day. I have always thought that, somehow, I will succeed online and oneday, I will come across THE online business that "fits" me. I believe I have found that "business" but it hasn't done it for me yet. It is beginning a new Phase this week, in fact. More on that a little later.

I want to take a moment to thank all of you for being my friend and for just being you. We all have good and bad sides and I try to show off my good side, but from time to time the ugly shows right on through. Nevetheless, I try to be friendly more often than not. Thank you for this opportunity to let you know who I am and what I have become... an AdlandPro Community addict. So what if I smoke too much or drink too much coffee... I am who I am... love me anyway, Okay?

I would like now to recognize Bo Tipton because he has helped me a great deal here at AdlandPro and elsewhere. He has helped me see what I have been doing wrong in my ability to recruit members to any of my programs. He basically placed me on the RightRoad and I invite you to join me on that road to success if you feel you need some help with your recruiting efforts. It involves a step-by-step training with a twist. You will be able to earn while you learn.

Now... I have been known to help all I can most of the time. I hope you won't mind my plugging another little program that I have enjoyed being a part of and watching it grow. This is a group of people who are building "follow me" teams to go into other earning programs together. The helping aspect is the fact that I am trying to help my team in that program. Please pick one of the team members' links below and check it out and see if you can see the vision that they have seen.

Linda Robertson's -- http://plan4power.org/?hlrob
Kathlene Amerine's -- http://plan4power.org/?noomiekate
Dave Cottrell's -- http://plan4power.org/?dacot
Norm Whitehurst's -- http://plan4power.org/?normw

Thank you again, everyone, for allowing me into your day and to be a part of this wonderful world at AdlandPro. sssh! Those who have nominated me really don't know me very well or they wouldn't have made this mistake! ;-)


Leon Horton

******************************

Thank you Leon for being such a great person and for having the opportunity to know you better!
Congrats,
The Weekly Spotlight Of Friends Team

******************************

4 comments:

AM said...

Hello Leon!
It was a pleasure for me to do this for you. It was my chance to get knowing such a person as you are.
Thank you for this and congrats for your Spotlighting! Enjoy it, as you are well deserving this.
With friendship,
Anamaria

Cheryl Ellen Baxter said...

Hi Leon,

This is great to see you here & I'm sure that others are enjoying reading more about you. Have a great week & enjoy 'The Spotlight'.

Leon Horton said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leon Horton said...

Hello Everyone!

I must say that I am humbled by all of the recognition this weekend. There are so many other deserving members and I have been chosen to be the fifth one to be honored.

There is no better energy than the positive feedback you receive from your friends. I am totally blessed.

Thank you... All of you!

Peace,
Leon
RightRoad
Plan4Power