Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The One Who Seeks The Sun!


Do angels dream? I believe they do.
There's one who surely dreams of you,
Who hopes your fitire is secure,
Was with you through challenges you had to endure.


Do angels dream? Sure they do.
The dream of an angel has seen you through.
Continue to grow and strive for the best.
This angel will help you pass the test.


Do angels dream? Of course they do.
Look up and say "Hi" to one who sees you.
When you're happy or sad or just feeling blue,
You're a special angel's dream come true.

**************************************************

The Special Guest
of this week is a sensitive, strong, sweet,kind and docile fighter, our loveble and beloved friend:
Ally Brenneman.

**************************************************


Hi Everyone,

I would like to thank the Ecademy...Oh wait wrong place LOL... seriously thank you all for voting for me to be member of the week here in this awesome forum.


A li'l bit about me.

I was born in a small town called Tyrone, PA this town is so small it has 1 hospital, 1 Quick E Mart and a paper mill. After leaving the hospital and daddy bounced back into the Army.. mom and I moved in with Granddaddy. We lived there for 9 months until mom met another man, they courted for sometime. And at this time mom was in the process of a divorce, and pregnant to this man she was dating. April 11, 1983 my little sister was born. I was happy being the big sister. Shortly after that on Nov. 5, 1983 mom and her boyfriend (now my dad) married. I never knew my daddy and this man did something he didn't have to do.. He loved and still loves me as his own child. We would go out as a family he would say "This is my oldest". I was proud to be "his daughter” and I still am. Then Sept.1996 my second lil sister was born. We begged mom to come home from the hospital because dad could not cook LOL. He burnt the toast and the eggs.. And cold cereal was getting boring 3 times a day, but he did a great job of making it lol. We all got along so well. Then one day the scariest (but now funniest) thing happened to us that we still to this day laugh about... My baby sister was 3 months old, we were going out for a family thing.. Mom asked me to go get Jess's hat. I walked up 15 stairs... something pulled my hair. I looked to my right saw nothing looked to my left. I had no idea what it was, all I knew was it was BIG and BLACK and it FLEW! I slammed my bedroom door, ran down 15 stairs hit 2 going down. I tried to tell mom and dad what the excitement was all about. Dad goes to check it out... he too ran down the stairs hitting 2 lol. Found out it was a bat in my room... talk about scary lol.

In 1987, I spent the summer vacation with my Granddaddy... I loved those moments. We would wake up (like I used to as a baby with him)... at 5AM get up drink a cup of coffee, watch a preacher on TV then 6AM collect chicken eggs. Those were the good days... that summer will be a summer I will never forget. Granddaddy took me to a swimming place called Cawins Gap. I got sun poison in my eyes. I could barely see and when I would laugh or smile... I could not see anything. I went home to see mom, and she told Granddaddy "That is not my Kid"... I said "Hi mom" she was like OMG what happened... and I told her. She was in shock... I was lucky I didn't go blind. Then I went back to Granddaddy’s' house and we went fishing that evening... I fell in the pond. That was nasty water, fish and ducks lived in it UGH it was horrible. These were the good ol' days.

For some reason or another, I do not have memory of 1988...

In 1989 tragic stuck the happy house hold, and the family fell apart. I was raped by my dad's step dad. And I felt it was my fault, I pushed away never showed affection towards my dad much, because I felt I broke up his family and mom and I drifted apart as well. My sisters and I also grew apart. It was awful. But now we are bonding again for the first time in years. My name was smeared all over the papers, kids picked on me horribly about it. I hated school. I wanted to quit.

1990 -1991 I have no memory of it.

In 1992, daddy got word I wanted to see him for the first time. So we made arrangements to meet at granddaddy’s' house. We went out for coffee we talked about my school, his new love of his life and how we wanted to stay in touch. Daddy said that he wanted me to live with him and girlfriend. Daddy promised me things like a horse that I always wanted and so on. A few months later, I met this new woman in his life, and I could tell she didn't like me... but for daddy's sake I made an effort to like her. October of 1992. I moved in. Broke my family’s heart to see me leaving. But this is what I wanted or so I thought. I was, and still am, a nail biter. My daddy's girlfriend would tell daddy about it, and I got beat for it. Every time I got caught I got beat and that was several times a day. Nov.1992 Daddy married this woman and I was FORCED to call her "mom". I was not allowed to talk to my mom or dad or my sisters much or hardly see them. I became anorexic. I stopped eating. I fell in a deep depression and I wanted to go home. Daddy let mom hear my beating one night... and daddy told me "I hit you, because when I see you... I see your mother and that makes me mad"... and mom used to tell me "You are just like your father". Well I was not asked to be born and it is not my fault I am like them.

Needless to say in 1993... I was able to go back home to my family. But it was not the same. I still didn't eat, had a million excuses why I didn't want to eat and my parents "bought" my story.

1994 I was in 7th grade, my English teacher made an announcement about a poetry contest. I was really having mixed emotions of either joining it or not. Well my teacher must have saw something in me... she had me enter it. So I did. I read the poem to my mom she said "That is the most stupid poem I heard, there is no way this will win". Well I read it to granddaddy he loved it and told me "Don't listen to your mother; she is just jealous because she can not write that well. Go ahead and enter it". Well.... I entered it... 6 weeks went by and the letter came about my poem. I won a High Merit Award. Mom was shocked. She could not believe this poem, won. Here is the poem:

Kids on the Street

Kids on the street,

they get nothing to eat

no place to sleep,

and they

get beat.

Kids on the street

they ask you for love

and you give them a shove.

Kids o

n the street,

they ask you for a home,

and you leave them alone.

Kids on the street,

they ask you for a life.

and you stab them with a knife.

*Inspired by the book "Am I going to heaven"*

1996 I entered high school, I met the man whom I thought I was really in love with and it would last forever. But behind his charm and sweet smile hid a man whom I never thought he could be. When he met me I was 100 pounds. I was still very thin, but he asked me to lose a bit of weight. So I did... I went down to 82 pounds. Got real sick, passed out in school, nurse called mom, she had to come get me. He came by to visit me to see how I was. Mom reamed him a good one. I was laying on the couch with a tank top on and a pair of shorts. The look on his face I will never forget. He had no idea how thin I was due to wearing "baggy" clothes. Then one day I had enough of his control of telling me how to look, dress, wear my hair, make up etc. And at this point of school BIG Clothes were in to where the waist was passed the butt lol. And my mom and my sister helped me with this look. I wore huge pants a pair of boxers and a big baggy shirt. Wore my hair in a bun with 2 pieces hanging down and curled and my make up looked like I got it done in New York lol. I went up to my boyfriend said hi to him, he had no clue that I was LOL. HE calls my mom from school telling her "IF you can not control what your daughter is wearing... I will come dress her myself" Mom told him he was no longer allowed to see me again. But that didn't stop us from dating in school lol... that year I entered the school talent show. I sang the song "Any Man of Mine" by Shania Twain... well I didn't PICK the song to be darted at him, he took it personally and dumped me... I LAUGHED so hard. Mom was there to watch me…and for the first time...she was really proud of me.

So after this guy I started to date my best friend of 5 years. He was a perfect gentleman. Sweet, kind, loving and never wanted to change me... but this ended all too soon. May 29th 1996 He passed away. I do not know the truth to this story...I can only go by what his mom thinks. I was crushed, I could have skipped school that day and I should have. But NO I wanted to be there to give my friends moral support. Sadly though... rumors started saying I dumped him and he killed himself, others thought I killed him. Oh it was hell. But 2 people stood by me that day... my first ex boyfriend and my dear girl friend. Then another nightmare happened shortly after... my good friend of many years was killed in a single car crash behind my bedroom window on June 9th 1996. He fell asleep at the wheel.

1997 I entered the talent show again... singing "True Colors" by Cyndi Lauper. I cried because it reminded me of my boyfriend that passed away. That is all the memory I have of that year.


1998- I took the turn for the worst... I became bulimic. Yes I was still fighting anorexia and now this on yet. I also again entered the talent show with the song "My Heart Will Go On" By Celin Dion. I also went to Boston for the first time for a Sr. Class trip. I loved it there, didn't want to come back to be honest LOL. But I had to bummer.

1999 I took 4 classes took a study hall, but used that to teach gym class... I would leave school everyday at 1:45pm get done teaching, and go to work at the day care. Every Friday I would go to school work then to my granddaddy's for the weekend. He needed me. I wanted to quit school and be with him to take care of him.
He was a diabetic; he had heart operation (5 by pass) that messed him up big time. He lost both legs from 2" below the knees down; suffered bad depression and his kidneys were failing. I didn't want to go to college, because I wanted to take care of Granddaddy. But he told me to go. So I went to college.

In 2000 I quit my job and moved 2 hrs from home. I met a man in college whom I really liked allot and fell in love with. 9 months later on my 20th b-day I got pregnant to him... YES you guessed it (if you been to my forum) you know who I am talking about. All was going down hill after that. He became controlling, arrogant, and on the 9th month of pregnancy, he became psychically abusive.

On April 27th 2001.I gave birth to a gorgeous li'l girl that weighed 5 pounds 9 ounces and 20 inches long with a FULL head of hair. But I tried to make it work for our baby's sake... only to find out shortly after I gave birth another girl was pregnant to him. So we dated off and on for 9 months when he finally made up his mind he wanted to be a daddy to summer. But the beatings got worse. I filed a PFA and was denied.

In 2002 I moved close to home, granddaddy was very ill, almost lost him a few times. Had internal bleeding but had no idea where it was coming from. I called him everyday to check on him. And stopped in when I could to go see him.

On Aug. 7th I joined a business online called Melaluca. I told the man that enrolled me about my situation and that I would be doing much with it for sometime. Aug.9th I turned 23. Aug.14 summer’s dad and I were split up again for the thousandth time...and I was seeing someone else. This new man took me to go see my granddaddy in the nursing home Aug.14. It was the saddest day for me... his liver and both kidneys were both gone, he had memory loss, he hardly knew who I was, but he remembered summer and I was pleased with that. I promised I would be back the next day to see him. But that day never came... he died on Aug.15 2003. He was 67 when he passed on. My world came to and END... I was a basket case... the only person I had positive in my life was GONE. The only person I could talk to was GONE...My boyfriend and I broke up, because I didn't want to see anyone or talk to anyone. But summer’s dad was right there for the rebound feeding on my pain and depression... he acted like he cared... so I left him back into my life. Shortly after he got tired of my mental status... I was calm one minute and snapping the next for no reason. Well I guess I snapped too may times because I received a concusion. I again filed a PFA and never got to the judge.

On Aug.3rd 2005 I married him, after 3 years of telling HIM and his pastor NO I do not want to marry I gave up fighting. He stopped beating me, but the control got worse... (you can read more on this in my forum)...

Now up to date and in closing.... I know this is getting long and probably boring... or as someone I know would put it "A tear in my beer" post... sorry if it sounds this way lol.

I met a wonderful new man who makes me smile and loves me and my daughter. He has with him 3 beautiful and sweet children. Their names are Heather age 27. Chrissy age 26 and Billy age 10. They have all including my daughter, given me something to look forward to... a loving family that truly knows the word LOVE. Never a harsh word in anger, any voices or hands rose to one another, just warm hugs and smiles though out the day.

The wonderful (Prince Charming) I am talking about is Bill Vanderbilt. He heard my situation over the phone, he knew it was bad and he did something I never expected him to do... get Summer and I out! He has built my self-esteem a lil at a time, he has shown me it is ok to be me and be the best ME I can be.

He has been wonderful to Summer and she loves him too.

Here are my Business Links...

http://www.allyscoffeeshop.bravenet.com
http://www.ineways.com/marketingqueen
http://www.telebay.com/mommyof4
http://www.ryze.com/go/ShyAlly

My forum Links


http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=10106

http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=11794

http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=10185

http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=13083

Dodadagohvi, Aisv Nv Wa Do hi ya oo
(Until we meet again, Walk in peace)

Ally Brenneman


*************************************************

Please click HERE,
and read what Ally
brought to our attention!



**************************************************
Let's all give Ally a Big Congratulations!

Warmest Regards,
"The Weekly Spotlight Friends Team"

3 comments:

AM said...

Hello my sweet friend, Ally!

First of all I want to express my admiration for getting through all you experienced, though keeping your spirit high! You're nothing else but admirable!

This shows how much you deserve your place here in our Spotlight!


Congrats for being who you are! Never give up!
With friendship,
Anamaria

AM said...

Hey! Ally! What are you doing?
This should have been the surprise for you! LOL

I agree with you and I think as you do.

With lots of friendship,
Anamaria

CarlaJCarey said...

Hello Ally!
Congratulations on being recognized here in Adlandpro!
You are such a sweet person and have been through alot in your life and you are also a special friend. I am glad you have found happiness! It was good to actually talk to you one time and hope we get to soon again.
God bless you always!
Carla